ESTES Model #1295
Black and meaner than ever! Fly it on Estes E engines and soar over 900′ high. Includes Water Slide Decals, D engine adapter and new connector to break it down for easy transport.
- Length: 79″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Weight: 5.8 oz.
- Fin: Laser Cut Balsa
- Decal: Water Slide
- Recovery: 24″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- D12-3, D12-5, E9-4,E9-6
- Parts List
- Body Tubes (4) – 030396
- Nose Cone – 071043
- Red Tube Couplers (2) – 030176-5
- Engine Mount Tube – 030368
- Engine Hook – 035022
- Die-Cut Centering Rings – 030132
- Green Engine Block – 030164-2
- Die-Cut Balsa Sheet – 032239
- Launch Lug – 038166
- Shock Cord Mount – 084444
- Shock Cord – 038363
- Water Slide Decal – 037070
- 24″ Parachute – 035803
- Yellow Tube Spacer – 034997
- Black Engine Hook Retainer – 030480
- Orange D to E Engine Spacer – 03505
- Female Twist-Lock Coupler – 061162
- Male Twist-Lock Coupler- 061163
- 08/22/2018 – Purchased Estes Mean Machine from Estes for $32.99 (Retail $32.99).
- 11/17/2018 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned decal,end block, centering ring, shock Cord Mount, Fin Sheet, and plans. Measurements are in Book #4 Page 44.
- 02/09/2019 – Sanded inner & outer centering ring edges. Made copy of pattern sheet and cut it out. Marked BT-60 for fin & launch lug reference lines. used door jamb to extend lines. Glued centering rings 1″ from each end of motor tube. Marked yellow motor mount tube at 3/16″ from end and used it to glue engine block into motor mount tube. Cut a 1/8″ slit 3-1/2″ from end of motor mount tube and inserted engine retainer. Slid engine retainer ring over retainer and glued it 1″ from aft end. Glued assembly into lower body tube flush with aft end. Glued fins along their reference lines 1″ from aft end. Filleted fin joints. Glued tube coupler onto lower and second body tubes. Glued other tube coupler into the 3rd & 4th tubes. Cut launch lug in half and glued one 1″ and the other at 17″ from the aft end.
- 02/10/2019 – Filleted fin & launch lug joints.
- 02/11/2019 – Cemented twist locks at forward end of second body tube. Glued shock cord to shock cord mount and then 2″ inside of 4th body tube forward end. Tied other end of shock cord to nose cone eyelette.
- 10/20/2021 – Spray painted Flat Black Primer #327911 on entire model.
|07/14/2007||Hardin Landfill||HL15||E9-6||Low and slow|