Estes Model #3033
This skill level 1 rocket is part of Estes’s “Classic Series.” It is based on an original Centuri design. Unique spin action created by the laser cut fins flies up to 1,100 feet.
- Length: 13.3″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1.1 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Altitude: 1,100′
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 04/22/2013 – Purchased Estes Twister from Hobbylinc for $10.19 (Retail $16.29).
- 12/26/2017 – Box and components were scanned and photographed.
- 12/28/2017 – Made copy of shock cord mount and fin marking guide. Cut each out. Slotted motor mount tube, glued engine retainer and centering rings onto motor tube. Glued motor mount assembly even with aft end of body tube. Marked body tube using fin reference guide for fins and launch lug. Glued and filleted all three fins to body tube with yellow glue. Glued screw eye into bas of nose cone with yellow glue after screwing into base of nose cone.
- 12/29/2017 – Glued launch lug onto body tube reference line with yellow glue. Glued shock cord to it mount and then 2″ from the forward end of the body tube.
- 12/31/2017 – Filleted launch lug/body tube joint with yellow glue.
- 10/21/2022 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon #3429 Gloss White.
- 10/22/2022 – Masked main body tube except for position of red stripes at forward end.
- 10/22/2022 – Spray painted fins and 2 forward stripes with Krylon #3406 Gloss Red Banner.
- 10/23/2022 – Removed masking tape. Applied water slide decal to model using photo card as guide. This completes construction of Estes model 3033 Twister. (Stamped date on photo card: 10-25-2008)