Estes #7290 Lunar Scout is an intermediate model rocket kit that is recovered via featherweight therefore no recovery device like a streamer or parachute is required. The kit flies on 13mm motors to a height of about 200′. This moon probe kit is a challenge to build but is not difficult and is a cool looking futuristic kit.
- Length: 4″
- Diameter: 0.74″
- Weight: 0.4 oz
- Recovery: Featherweight
- Altitude: 200′
- Recommended Motors
- 1/2A3-2T, A3-4T, A10-0T, A10-3T
- Body Tube (White): 2″ BT-5
- Tube Coupler (Red): 1″ TC-5
- Water Slide Decal Sheet
- Card Stock Sheet
- 3-1/2″ Ring (1/2″ wide)
- Instruction Sheet
- Picture Card
- 04/15/2022 – My son Jeromie, purchased this Estes #7290 kit from Hobby Lobby store #301 for $5.99 (Retail $10.99).
- 04/16/2022 – Took pictures of package and components. Took measurements of components and recorded them on page 118 of Book #4. Scanned components. Removed components from cardboard stock sheet with the aid of a hobby knife.
- 04/17/2022 – Scanned components from cardboard stock sheet.
- 04/30/2022 – Spray painted components Red, White or Gold.
- 05/01/2022 – Glued feet to wings with yellow wood glue.
- 05/02/2022 – Glued gold painted disk to bottom of footer with yellow glue.
- 05/03/2022 – Glued landing legs to body Tube and in disk slots with yellow glue.
- 05/04/2022 – Glued radar disk to Body Tube header. Filleted header/Body Tube joints with yellow glue.
- 05/05/2022 – Cut decals from decal sheet.