Estes Model #9712
Estes Pro Series II in a generic bag with no picture card. Product packaged in plastic bag with parts and instructions only. No promotional items included. Kits was made from remaining Leviathan parts including four fins when only three are required for kit construction
- Length: 51.9″
- Diameter: 3″
- Weight: 16.5 oz.
- Recovery: 24″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 12/27/2013 – Purchased Estes SCION from Estes Industries for $64.99 (Retail $64.99)
- 12/18/2017 – Took pictures of package, components and measured components after scanning Measurements on book #4 page 10.
- 12/19/2017 – Cut Slits into body tube. Measured 2-15/16″ ring from aft of motor mount tube an d marked it with green ring. Moved green spacer ring to aft end of motor mount tube and epoxied aft centering ring.
- 12/20/2017 – Epoxied second centering ring to motor mount tube. Epoxied third centering ring to motor mount tube. Epoxied completed motor mount assembly int aft end of slotted body tube with edge of motor mount tube even with body tube.
- 12/21/2017 – Epoxied first fin through the body tube slot onto the motor mount tube with two ton epoxy. Glued the body tube coupler to the upper body tube using gorilla wood glue. Glued the coupler at the mid point. Epoxied second fin to motor mount tube through body tube slots. Welded engine retainer to motor mount tube with HFT Epoxy Super Weld. Filleted fins to body tube with epoxy. Epoxied launch lugs to body tube at 1/2″ & 12″ marks from aft end and between two fins.
- 12/22/2017 – Made copy of shock cord mount and glued shock cord to it. Glued this inside body tube so it does not interfere with nose cone insertion.