SEMROC Model #KV-7
The Centuri Arcon was first released in the 1962 catalog as a 1/8 scale model. This early version used the ST-7 body tube and was 16″ tall. This model was the Centuri #KB-2 with a price of $1.50 and was sold from 1962 through 1964. In 1965 the Arcon was changed to a 1/6 scale model based on the ST-10 body tube and was released as Centuri #KC-1 at a price of $2.25. This Repo kit is based on the later version. In 1971, the balsa nose cone was changed to plastic and the same year the Arcon was discontinued. The Arcon was a popular entry level semi scale model.
The Repro Arcon is updated with precision laser cut fins. The dimensions of the KC-1 version are maintained with a balsa nose cone. The original rubber shock cord is replaced with an elastic cord for longer life. The original method of attaching the shock cord has been replace by a Kevlar cord for greater reliability. An engine hook is also added for ease of changing the engine.
- Length: 20″
- Diameter: 1.040″
- Weight: 1.25 oz.
- Fin Span: 4.8″
- Recovery: Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B6-4, C6-5
- 10/27/2004 – Purchased Semroc Arcon from Semroc for $11.50 (Retail $11.50).
- 01/14/2007 – Took pictures of package and then components.
- 01/16/2007 – Tied a loop into one end of Kevlar cord. Looped it around the engine clip and pushed one end of the clip through the slit in the motor mount tube. Pushed one centering ring over the tube and clip up to the loop. Pushed the other centering ring 1″ from the aft end of the motor mount tube. Filleted one side of the centering ring joints.
- 01/17/2007 – Filleted the other side of centering ring joints. Glued motor mount inside of main body tube until tube ends are flush.
- 01/18/2007 – Sanded fins to shape and glued them onto the guide lines. Filleted fin joints. Glued screw eye to balsa tube coupler base. Glued payload section to balsa tube coupler.
- 01/19/2007 – Glued launch lug 1″ from rear of model half way between two fins.