ESTES Model #7293
Combine your creativity and cleverness for buckets of soaring fun with Olympus Flying Model Rocket Kit. This easy-to-assemble rocket requires just a few materials before blast off and will certainly ensnare the minds of youngsters and adults alike. With just a few small materials, this rocket will be ready to soar in no time.
- Length: 29.14″
- Diameter: 1.75″
- Altitude: 1400′
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- D12-3, e12-4, D12-5, E12-6
- 01/28/2020 – Purchased Estes Olympus from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $5.99 (Retail $14.99)
- 02/24/2020 – Took pictures of package and contents. Scanned contents.
- 02/25/2020 – Cut plastic nose cone from tube adapter. Removed centering rings card stock. sanded both side of balsa sheet. Removed fins from balsa sheet. Glued engine block 3/8″ inside forward end of motor mount tube. Marked motor mount tube at 1/2″ and 2″. Glued centering rings at these marks. Sanded leading edges of fins round. Glued fin pieces together. Glued fins along guidelines on body tube. Filleted joints. Glued launch lug 6″ from aft end of body tube and along launch lug reference line.
- 02/26/2020 – Glued shock cord to mount and 2″ inside forward end of body tube. Applied super epoxy weld to end of motor mount tube and attached retainer.
- 05/31/2023 – Masked body tube. Spray painted fins with Rust-oleum # 371767 High Gloss Majestic Red. Removed masking.
- 06/09/2023 – Applied water slide decals to model using photo card as guide. This completes construction of Estes # 7293, Olympus model rocket.