ESTES Model #7263
A unique pre-printed folded paper design! You will love it!
Definitely a first for Estes, the Hex-3 is going to challenge your building skills just a bit! While it might be small, don’t be fooled! UNIQUE folded paper construction is your challenge here. Not to worry though, you are going to love this rocket and the price is great!! Booster engine powered and fun to launch!
- Length: 3.2″
- Hub: 3.8″
- Overall: 11.5″
- Weight: 0.6 oz.
- Saucer: Printed Cardstock
- Altitude: 100′
- Recovery: Tumble
- Recommended Motors:
- B6-0, C6-0
- 11/29/2019 – Purchased Estes Hex 3 from Estes for $2.63 (Retail $8.99).
- 12/07/2019 – Took pictures of package.
- 12/08/2019 – Scanned components and instructions.
- 12/09/2019 – Measured components and recorded them on page 56 Book #4. Cut parts out of cardboard stock. Cut tube marking guide from copy of original. Marked motor mount tube at 2-1/2″ and 1-1/8″. Cut slit of 1/8″ at 2-1/2″ mark and glued retainer ring at 1-1/8″ over engine retainer clip. Marked launch lug line.
- 03/16/2020 – Glued split centering ring to engine mount tube. Glued engine block to forward end of motor mount tube. Bent legs and body. Glued launch lug to motor mount tube and base.
- 03/017/2020 – Filleted base joints. Glued on final two lets. Glued motor mount tube inside of body tube. This completes construction of Estes Hex 3 model rocket #7263. This model does not require paint.