ESTES Model #7225
Expect extraordinary launches with the Estes XTREME! Designed for quick build and high altitude, this is a rocket true to its name! The XTREME features an elongated nose cone and low-profile, laser-cut, card stock fins for fast construction and maximum performance.
Looking for XTREME altitude and XTREME excitement? Look no further than the extraordinary Estes XTREME! This rocket is XTREME in every way! XTREME performance! XTREME styling! XTREME coolness! And – best of all – XTREME fun! There’s no mistaking the XTREME capabilities of this extra-streamlined flier. The Estes XTREME is an easy to build, Intermediate-Level model rocket kit that delivers in every way!
From the tip of its stretched nose, to its rear engine-retainer hook, the 16-inch Estes XTREME is a striking model that even novice rocketeers can build quickly and easily. Designed around an Estes BT-20 body tube, with surface mounted, laser-cut card-stock fins, and an old-school engine-mount block, this traditionally configured three-fin model rocket achieves exceptional performance on a range of Estes engines, from 1/2 A to C. The narrow, swept fins are precision shaped for maximum stability and minimum air resistance. Cut from durable card stock, the low-profile fins require no shaping, and only minimal finishing before they’re ready to fly. Topping it off, the elongated plastic nose cone slices through the atmosphere with ease. There’s nothing holding this one back – the Estes XTREME is engineered to impress!
Made for XTREME altitudes, the Estes XTREME can reach up to 1600 feet on a single C6-5 engine. If the launch site or weather conditions dictate a more modest outing, try launching with the A8-3, B6-4, or one of the other recommended engines. Even with a lower rated engine, the Estes XTREME still packs an impressive punch. Recovery drift is kept to a minimum with the fast-return, 24-inch reflective silver streamer, which also makes tracking this one back to the ground much easier!
Ready for that little something extra? Expand your fleet now with the extraordinary Estes XTREME!
- Length: 16.8″
- Diameter: 0.74″
- Weight: 0.8 oz.
- Fins: Card Stock
- Decals: Self Adhesive
- Altitude: 1300′
- Recovery: 24″ Silver Mylar Streamer
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, A8-5, B4-4, B6-6, C6-5, C6-7
- 11/29/2019 – Purchased Estes Extreme 12″ from Estes for $ 9.65 (Retail $32.99).
- 01/13/2020 – Opened package and took pictures of components and scanned components.
- 01/19/2020 – Glued centering rings to motor mount tube and filleted them. Glued motor mount tube assembly inside body tube booster.
- 01/20/2020 – Glued large booster fins into booster body tube slots.
- 01/21/2020 – Filleted fin joints. Glued tube coupler inside front end of booster body tube. Marked main engine mount tube at 1″ and 2-1/2″ from aft end. Glued centering ring at each mark. Filleted centering ring joints.
- 01/22/2020 – Glued motor mount tube into main body tube fin section. Filleted centering ring joints. Glued fins to main body tube fin section and filleted them. Glued half of tube coupler to main fin section at forward end. Motor mount tube centering ring is even with aft end of main body tube fin can. Used dowel rod to reach the forward centering ring joint.
- 01/23/2020 – Cut launch lug in half and glued to main body tube at 1″ and 12″ locations. Cemented transition to upper body tube. Glued shock cord to mount and inside main body tube by 2″. Applied masking tape to nose cone shouldre so it fits tightly to upper body tube.