ESTES Model #7239
Take to the skies with the Sky Warrior and watch this rocket climb over 800 feet when launched on a C6-5 engine. Three finned and unique styling, keep an eye on the Sky Warrior as the 12 inch parachute brings this awesome rocket back to earth.
- Length: 19″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 1.9 oz.
- Fin: Laser Cut Wood.
- Decals: Waterslide
- Altitude: 850′
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 11/29/2019 – Purchased Estes Sky Warrior from Estes for $6.14 ($20.99).
- 12/07/2019 – Took pictures of package.
- 01/25/2020 – Opened package, took pictures of contents and scanned plans, decal and components. Removed motor mount components. Marked motor mount tube at 1/2″, 1″ and 2-3/8″ from aft end. Cut 1/8″ slit at 2-3/8″ mark and inserted engine hook. Glued engine block int forward end. Glued engine retainer ring over engine clip at 1″ mark. Glued centering ring at 1″ mark and even with forward end of motor mount tube. Filleted centering ring joints. Cut shock cord mount and tube marking guide from a copy of original. Sanded balsa sheet and removed balsa pieces. Glued landing legs to first section body tube with hole. Cut dowel rod into three pieces. Glued launch lug to body tube 4″ from aft end.
- 01/26/2020 – Glued fins to body tube after marking it with marking guide. Glued balsa piece to landing legs. Glued dowels to leading leg back. Rounded tip of dowels. Glued legs into fin slots and checked alignment with balsa gauge. Glued shock cord to mount and inside forward end of body tube at least 2″ from end. Tied end of shock cord to nose cone.
- 11-23-2022 – Masked legs and feet. Spray painted fins and body tube with Rust-oleum #327898 Gloss Navy Blue.
- 11/24/2022 – Hand painted feet with Testors Pactra #A1 gloss black. Hand painted legs with Testors Pactra #A2 Gloss White.
- 11-25-2022 – Applied water slide decals using photo card as placement guide. This completes construction of Estes #7239 Sky Warrior Model rocket.