ESTES Model #7228
Ready for a skill level 3 kit that’s just really fun to build? If you are, then the Cobra is YOUR rocket!
Standing just 18.1 inches tall and powered by standard engines, the Estes Cobra can scoot right on up there to 700 feet.
- Length: 18.1″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 2.9 oz.
- Wing Span: 8″
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Decals: Waterslide
- Altitude: 700′
- Recovery: 15″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-2, B6-2, C6-3, C6-5
- 01/03/2019 – Purchased Estes #7228 Cobra from Scale Reproductions, Inc. for $22.00 (Retail $25.99).
- 01/04/2019 – Took pictures of package and components.
- 01/05/2019 – Scanned components and instructions.
- 12/01/2019 – Removed parts from balsa stock sheet and removed balsa from slots. Cut out shock cord mount. Cut 1/8″ slit 2-1/2″ from aft end of motor mount tube. Installed motor hook into slit. Glued split centering ring 3/4″ from aft end of motor mount tube and glued other centering ring even with hook. Filleted centering ring joints. Glued front of wing assembly to wing.
- 12/04/2019 – Filleted wing joints.
- 12/05/2019 – Glued detail pipes and tube to model. Glued forward and aft missile ends to dowel rods. Sanded missile stand offs with 120 grit sandpaper
- 12/06/2019 – Glued launch lug and missiles to stand offs.Glued missiles to model. Filleted launch lug joints and stand off joints. Glued shock cord to mount and inside forward end of body tube. Placed clay inside nosed cone and tied shock cord to it.
- 12/11/2019 – Cemented nozzle to aft end of motor mount tube.
- 11/03/2022 – Filleted Wing/Body Tube joint with contour putty. Filled crevices with contour putty and allowed to dry. Sanded with yellow emery board. Spray painted entire model with Krylon #61513 Satin Black. Cut out water slide decals.
- 11/15/2022 – Traced fin onto paper and cut out 2 new fins fo attachment to the top side. Originally glued these fin to the bottom side of model. Han painted new fins with Testors Pactra #A1 Gloss Black after glue dried.
- 11/17/2022 – Applied Water Slide decals to model using photo card and instructions as guides. This completes construction of Estes #7228 Cobra model rocket.