ESTES Model #3232
A multi-finned missile powered by Estes standard model rocket engines, the Centuri can reach heights of 600 feet. Parachute recovery brings this awesome rocket back to earth. Pick your own color scheme or go with ours, tried and true rocket colors of days gone by.
- Length: 19″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 1.9 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Decals: Waterslide
- Altitude: 600′
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 11/29/2019 – Purchased Estes Centuri from Estes for $6.44 (Retail $21.99).
- 01/26/2020 – Opened the package and took out parts. Photographed and scanned the parts. Marked motor mount tube at 1-1/8″ and 2-1/4″. Cut a 1-8″ slit for the engine hook and installed it into the slot. Ran a bead of glue around the tube at the 1-1/8″ mark and moved the engine retainer to the mark. Ran a bead of glue just below the 1-1/8″ mark and installed the centering ring. Ran a bead of glue around the tube near the engine hook and installed the other centering ring. Separated the tail cone from the nose cone and smoothed with 120 grit sandpaper. Made a copy of the shock cord mount and tube marking guide and cut them out.
- 01/27/2020 – Glued motor mount assembly into engine adapter tube and glued adapter tube even with aft end of main body tube.
- 01/28/2020 – Glued two fins onto main body tube along fin reference lines previously marked on body tube using the marking guide.
- 01/29/2020 – Glued remaining fins onto main body tube and upper body tube.
- 01/30/2020 – Filleted fin joints on main and upper sections. Glued shock cord to mount and inside upper body tube.
- 09/06/2022- Sanded model with 220 Grit sandpaper and later wiped with alcohol wiper.
- 09/07/2022 – Sanded model with 1500 Grit sandpaper and then wiped with alcohol wipe. Spray painted using Krylon #3429 Gloss white.
- 09/08/2022 – Masked model with masking tape and spray painted aft fin, adaptor, and nose cone with Kylon gloss black #51601. The black paint on the art fins peeled in several places when the masking tape was removed. Did not remove the tape soon enough or did not wait long enough for it to dry.
- 09/09/2022 – Re-masked the lower section and applied black paint to peeled areas.