ESTES Model #9716
Pro Series II
We continue to develop and grow the Pro Series II line! This time around we’re offering up a BT60 (1.64 in/42 mm) diameter body tube for your building enjoyment. Standing over 45 inches tall, the Star Orbiter comes with the quick release motor retention system just as the other Pro Series kits do. (9750 Pro Series II 29MM Retainer Set – is also sold separately). Construction of this kit is not difficult and the altitudes you will reach are very impressive! Building and finish work can easily be accomplished over a few days.
- Length: 45.2″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Weight: 5.9 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Decals: Waterslide
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Altitude: 1800′
- Recommended Motors:
- E16-6, F15-8
- 05/27/2017 – Purchased Estes Star Orbiter from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for 14.11 (Retail $21.99).
- 12/03/2017 – Measured and recorded parts on page 8 Book #4.
- 12/06/2017 – Glued shock cord to engine mount anchor and inside of forward body tube.
- 12/07/2017 – Filleted fin joints with epoxy paste.
- 05/25/2018 – Painted upper body tube and nose cone Banner Red. Painted lower body tube and fins Gloss Black.
- 06/20/2018 – Applied waterslide decals. This completes construction of Estes Star Orbiter model rocket #9716.