ESTES Model #7249
Standing over 2 feet tall, the Expedition is a high performance sport rocket! Launched on Estes C11, D and E model rocket engines, this rocket will go well over 1,000 feet! A little bit of a challenge to build but a rocket you will be proud to have in your collection!
- Length: 25.6″
- Diameter: 2.22″
- Weight: 5 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Altitude: 1100′
- Decals: Water Slide
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- C11-3, D12-5, E12-4, E12-6
- 02/10/2017 – Purchased Estes Expedition from Estes for $14.99 (Retail $24.99).
- 02/11/2017 – Took pictures of package and its contents. Scanned the plans, decal, cover sheet, gins and card.
- 02/12/2017 – Measured components and recorded on page 6 Book #4.
- 10/24/2017 – Made copy of page 2 and cut out marking guide, shock cord mount and template.
- 11/02/2017 – Marked motor mount, glued centering rings and engine holder into place. Assembled engine shroud. Glued engine block into place. Marked body tube with guide. Cut out fairings from body tube material using marking guide. Glued fairing ends to fairing tubes. Pushed out fins from balsa sheet and glued them into the body tube slots. Using the fairing tube guide, glued fairings to body tube. Glued upper shroud to body tube.