ESTES Model #9703
The Estes Pro Series II Argent is one of the first models in the Pro Series II line of model rockets. The Pro Series II is Estes’ latest stab at the adult, mid-power rocketry market. This series represents a serious, concerted effort to attract adult buyers who might think that a small model rocket (e.g., BT-20 or BT-50 size airframe) is more a child’s toy than anything else. Those of you that remember the original PRO Series models of the early 1990’s will agree that there is very little in common between the original PS and the PSII. For example, the original PS models were built for black powder engines but the PSII models run on “high-octane” composite engines. The PSII models borrow several design features from the advanced North Coast Rocketry models of the 1990’s, like laser-cut plywood parts and TTW fin attachment. However, the Pro Series II rockets are completely different animals!
- Length: 56.4″
- Diameter: 2.5″
- Weight: 16.5 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Plywood
- Altitude: 1700′
- Recovery: 24″ Nylon Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- F26-6FJ, F50-6T, G40-7W, G80-7T
- 12/27/2016 – Purchased Estes Argent PSII from Estes for $29.99 (Retail $69.99).
- 01/15/2015 – Took pictures of package and components. Took measurements and recorded them on page 144 Book #3.
- 01/17/2015 – Using green spacer ring as a guide, epoxied one of the three centering rings to the aft end of the motor mount tube. Marked tube coupler mid point and drew center line around it. Using the fins as a guide, marked the middle centering ring and epoxied in place. Using the green spacer as a guide, epoxied the forward centering ring in place. Filleted fin joints. Epoxied the inside of the body tube where the centering rings will contact and inserted the motor mount assembly. Epoxied a fin in each slot. Rounded the leading edge and tapered the trailing edge of each fin before inserting into body tube slot.
- 01/18/2015 – Filleted fin joints with 2-ton epoxy.
- 01/19/2015 – Epoxied lower body tube joints. Epoxied the smaller body tube to the body tube adapter.
- 01/20/2015 – Glued shock cord to mount and then inside body tube.Cut out plastic eye on the nose cone. J-B welded retainer to motor mount.
- 01/21/2015 – Epoxied launch lug to body tube joint.
- 01/22/2015 – Filleted launch lug joints.
- 01/23/2015 – Tied shock cord to nose cone.