Estes. Flying model rocket kit. Xarconian Cruiser. Soars to 525 feet with recommended engine C6-3. Kit includes 1 rocket and 1 parachute. Engines, starters, plugs, launch system, recovery wadding and tube type glue all needed to fly and sold seperately.
- Length: 22.7″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 3.7 oz.
- Wing Span: 8.4″
- Altitude: 525′
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Recommended Motors:
- B6-2, C6-3
- 12/27/2013 – Purchased Estes Xarconian Cruiser from Estes for $5.49 (Retail $29.99).
- 12/26/2017 – Took picture of bag front and back, opened it and took pictures of contents. Took pictures of components and scanned fins, decals and instructions.
- 01/16/2018 – Glued fin pieces together. Cut dowel rod into 1″ lengths.
- 01/17/2018 – Finished gluing fins together. Attached engine holder to motor tube. Glued and filleted centering rings at 3/4″ andj 2-3/8″ positions on from aft end of motor tube.
- 03/21/2018 – Glued laser cut fin pieces S & T together on tip of waxed paper. Glued wood dowel R to fin piece S. Glued wood dowel to both sides of piece P on top of wax paper.
- 03/22/2018 – Cut intakes from body tube 55 using guides. Glued bottom fin to main body tube. Glued top to body tube. Glued intake to body tube measured 4-1/2″ for each pad and glued them together.
- 03/25/2018 – Cut pods from template for wire tips. Glued balsa support inside of wing tips. Glued pods to wings using template and spray adhesive. Removed template from pieces after cut them out. Applied fillet to one side of wing joint.
- 03/26/2018 – Glued pieces 1/4″ from forward edge of pod on both wings. Glued engine mount into body tube with wing guide. glued Boattail into body tube with testors cement. Glued shock cord into mount and then inside body tube. Tied other end to nose cone.