ESTES Model #3209
The Space Eagle is a Solar Exploration Vehicle that is simple rocket to build and finish. Just another fine Estes Flying Model Rocket to add to your collection. Standing over 26 inches (66 cm) this rocket is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Length: 26.76″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 2.52 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood.
- Decals: Waterslide
- Altitude: 975′
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- B6-4, C6-5
- 12/27/2013 – Purchased Estes Space Eagle from Estes for $2.99 (Retail $22.79)
- 12/26/2017 –Took pictures of package and components.
- 12/27/2017 – Scanned fin sheet, decals, nose cone, and instructions.
- 01/07/2018 – Took measurements and recorded them on page 18 Book #4. Sanded both sided of fin sheet, pushed out fins, sanded edges and rounded leading and trailing edges of fins. Wrapped fin guide around lower body tube and marked each fin line 4″ long from the aft body tube end for fins and launch lug. Glued two sonic tubes together along their sides. Slit engine mount tube 1/8″ wide at 2-1/2″ mark. Inserted motor retainer clip into slit. Slipped engine mount ring over the hook and glued it in place at the 1″ mark.
- 01/08/2018 – Glued all six sonic tubes even with aft end of lower (12″) body tube.
- 01/09/2018 – Filleted sonic tube joints.
- 01/10/2018 – Filled gaps in sonic tube fillets.
- 01/13/2018 – Glued balsa nose block to aft end of upper body tube. Glued two fins to lower body tube at 4″ mark from aft end.
- 01/14/2018 – Filleted fins and tubes.
- 01/15/2018 – Filleted fins and tubes. Glued engine mount assembly into lower body tube aligning aft end of motor mount tube with body tube. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside forward end of body tube at least 1″
- 03/21/2021 – Spray painted model with Krylon #3429 Gloss White.
- 11/22/2022 – Spray painted nose cone and upper body tube with Krylon #51601 Gloss Black. Spray painted bottom section and fins with Krylon #3429 Gloss White again.
- 11/23/2022 – Re-sprayed nose cone and upper body tube with Krylon #51601 Gloss Black.
- 11/23/20222 – Spray painted tubes, fins and lower body tube with Rust-oleum #327874 Gloss White.
- 11/27/2022 – Applied Water Slide decals to model using photo card as guide. This completes construction of Estes #3209 Space Eagle.