The Estes Photon Probe is a “Classic Series” re-issue of a futuristic kit which was originally released in 1991.
- Length: 23″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 3.45 oz.
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Altitude: 575′
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 12/27/2013 – Purchased Estes Photon Probe from Estes for $3.97 (Retail $21.99).
- 05/23/2020 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned plans and components. Measurements are on page 62 Book #4. Made copy of tube marking guide, shock cord mount and cut the out.
- 05/26/2020 – Sanded balsa fin stock sheet. Sanded fins. Cut flash from plastic nose cone. Marked motor mount tube at 1″ and 2-1/2″. Cut a 1/8″ slit into the 2-1/2″ mark and fitted engine hook into it. Glued one centering ring at 2-1/2″ and other at 1″ mark. Rounded leading edges of all fins.
- 05/27/2020 – Measured 4″ along launch lug line and made a mark. Made a mark at 2-3/4″ on end of fin guide line. Glued largest fins along each line flush with aft end. Cut each wood strip at 45 degree angle and marked each at 5/8″ and 2-3/8″.
- 05/28/2020 – Filled fin joints and wood strip joints.
- 05/29/2020 – Glued shock cord to mount. Glued shock cord mount 2″ from forward end of body tube. Tied end of shock cord to nose cone. Filleted launch lug joints.