ESTES Model #3013
Estes has gone back to the archives, pulled up old drawings and spec sheets and brought these fantastic flying machines back for old and new rocketeers to enjoy. Each kit has been reproduced and updated while still retaining the classic lines of the original. The Flutter-By is a unique rocket and is a blast to build and fly.
- Length: 7.7″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1oz.
- Fin: Laser Cut Wood
- Decal: Waterslide
- Altitude: 1000′
- Recovery – Tumble
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B6-4, C6-5
- 12/27/2013 – Purchased Estes Flutter-By from Estes for $2.19 (Retail $14.29).
- 03/28/2018 – Took pictures of package and scanned in parts and instructions.
- 04/14/2018 – Measured parts and recorded on page 28 Book#4. Marked lower tube at 1″, 2-1/2″ and cut 1/8″ slit at the 2-1/2″ from aft end. Glued adapter ring at 1″ mark over engine hook. Marked upper and lower fin guidelines.
- 04/15/2018 – Glued engine block into lower tube. Glued strakes to balsa fins. Glued both fins to upper and both fins to lower body tubes.Put clay block into nose cone and cemented in place.
- 04/16/2018 – Filleted fin joints. glued launch lugs to fin joint. Cemented nose cone to upper body tube.
- 09/08/2022 – Sanded with 220 Grit sandpaper and wiped with alcohol wipe. Sanded model with 1500 grit sandpaper and wiped with alcohol wiper.
- 09/08/2022 – Sprayed upper sction of model with Krylon #1511 Silver and lowr section with Krylon #8803 gloss banner red.