ESTES Model #2134
An awesome two stage rocket that is really 4 rockets in one! Enter the world of Multiple Re-Entry Vehicles with the Estes MIRV. The angular design of the model allows three independently powered rockets to separate from the booster which then climb to out of site flights. This model includes light weight foam, specially molded plastic parts and laser cut wood fins. Recovery of the three upper stages is by “High Drag Recovery” which allows them to float gently back to Earth. Requires 4 engines to launch. 1 B6-0 or C6-0 for booster and 3 A10-3T for upper stage.
- Length: 24.5″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Weight: 4.7 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Decals: Waterslide
- Booster: Tumble
- Upper: Glide
- Altitude: 600′
- Recommended Motors:
- Booster: B6-0, C6-0
- Upper Stage: 3 x A10-3T
- 12/27/2013 – Purchased Estes MIRV from Estes for $8.49 (Retail $29.99).
- 03/29/2018 – Took pictures of package and parts. Scanned parts and instructions.
- 04/25/2018 – Glued first stage fins balsa pieces together. Cemented manifold pieced together. Glued engine retainer hook along line at 1-1/4″ on motor mount tube of first stage. Glued first stage foam piece to motor mount tube. Sanded first stage fins. Glued to body tube.
- 04/26/2018 – Sanded fin leading edges round and trailing edges tapered.
- 05/01/2018 – Glued one pair of fins to foam body with forward end of tubes flush with forward end of foam.
- 05/03/2018 – Glued remaining fins to foam pieces.
- 05/04/2018 – Cut launch lug into three pieces 5/8″ each.
- 05/05/2018 – Cemented nose cone halves together. Cut out shock cord mount. Glued shock cord to mount and inside of second stage upper tube at least 1″ from forward edge. Glued fins to second stage at slots in foam near aft end. Tied loose end of shock cord to nose cone. Model is now ready for paint.
- 09/20/2023 – Spray painted model with Krylon #15613 Satin Black.