ESTES Model #2447
This is the Estes Astron Elliptic II with its classic elliptical shaped fins and graceful styling the 2stage Astron Elliptic II features easy straight forward construction with out of site performance. Streamer and tumble recovery brings this awesome rocket back to earth. Mini Engine powered, the Astron Elliptic can reach heights of 925 feet.
- Length: 23.3″
- Diameter: 0.74″
- Weight: 1oz
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Decals: Waterslide
- Booster: Tumble
- Upper Stage: Streamer
- Recommended Motors:
- Booster: A10-0T
- Upper Stage: 1/4A3-3T, 1/2A3-4T, A3-4T, A10-3T
- 03/24/2012 – Purchased Estes #2447 Astron Elliptic II from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $5.99 (Retail $9.99).
- 08/31/2013 – Marked upper body tube for fin and launch placement. Glued fins to body tube. Positioned the motor mount assembly inside the first stage and dry fit the tube coupler. Glued the motor mount assembly into the first stage body tube so the engine block points toward the aft end and the aft centering ring is even with the aft end of the fist stage body tube. Glued one half of the tube coupler to the forward end of the first stage body tube. Taped the two yellow engine spacer tubes together to test fit the upper stage.
- 09/01/2013 – Glued on 1st & 2nd stage fins. Cemented Nose cone base to nose cone. Filleted fin joints.
- 09/02/2013 – Spray painted entire model with gray primer. Later, sanded model and wiped with damp rag and spray painted with Krylon gloss white.
- 10/04/2013 – Spray painted booster stage with Krylon gloss white.
- 12/29/2013 – Masked body tubes and painted 2 fins and upper 7-5/8″ of body tube Krylon gloss black. Removed masking.
- 01/01/2014 – Applied water slide decals. This completes construction of Estes #2447 Astron Elliptic II model rocket.