The Launchables is a complete E2X starter set that includes two exciting model rockets, the Black Diamond that streaks over 1,400 feet into the sky and the Astron Outlaw that’s almost two feet tall. The Astron Outlaw assembles in less than an hour and requires no painting. The Black Diamond is easy to build and finish. Includes two 18mm engines and both streamer and parachute recovery options.
- Astron Outlaw
- Length: 21.5″
- Diameter: 1.35″
- Weight: 2.04 oz.
- Black Diamond
- Length: 12.1″
- Diameter: 0.736″
- Weight: 0.6 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute or Streamer
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-3, C6-5
- Black Diamond
- 08/23/2004 – Purchased Estes Black Diamond as a Launchables Starter Set from Walmart in Seymour, IN for $8.98 (Retail $17.50)
- 08/27/2004 – Took pictures of Outlaw and Black Diamond models and packages after opening kit.
- 12/06/2004 – Took Pictures of bags. Opened packages and took pictures of parts. Scanned instructions, decal, fin sheet nose cone and color card. Parts measurements are on page 126 Book #2. On engine tube marked one end and glued engine block 1/4″ from end of tube. Marked body tube aft with fin position marks with the Estes tube marking guide. Extended fin guide lines. Sanded fins and glued them to body tube. Glued launch lug along body tube fin joint and then filleted fin and launch lug joints. Made copy of shock cord mount, cut it out glued shock cord to it and then glued the assembly inside forward end of body tube at least 1″.
- 09/02/2005 – Wiped down model with dry cloth and then painted it with Krylon Gloss White Spray Paint #1501.
- 09/04/2005 – Carefully removed self adhesive decals and applied them as per instruction sheet and color card. Ripped one of the fin decals and tried to remove it due to misalignment during application. Since this ;model was build using 4 fins, there was ab extra decal and it was applied in place of the ripped one. The red diamond was applied to the top of the body tube and the name decal in line with it so they were between the fins opposite the launch lug. The name decal was placed approximately spaced evenly between the body tube ends and fins. Several pictures were taken of the model on the patio table. This completes construction of the Estes Model #1452 Black Diamond which is one of two models contained in the launchables #1453 set.
- 08/31/2004 – Cemented fin halves together. Cemented black body tube to fin can. Tied shock cord to nose cone. Applied self adhesive decals. This completes construction of Estes Outlaw model rocket #1452 which is one of the rockets in the launchables kit.