ESTES Model #1449
- 06/12/2002 – Purchased Estes #1449 Super Shot Sport Starter Set from Walmart in Seymour, IN for $19.97 (Retail $41.99).
- 06/13/2002 – Opened kit after taking pictures. Found all parts to be included with kit.
- 06/26/2002 – Scanned fins, nose, decal and plans. Assembled engine mount section around blue engine mount tube after cementing the end pieces onto the tube after placing the engine holder into the tube. Placed the plastic pieces on the tube. Inserted it into the black body tube.
- 06/27/2002 – Measured the fins, nose cone and body tube. Traced the fin and nose cone on page 154 Book #1. Cemented the launch lugs into the body tube square holes. Cemented the three black fins into the body tube. Cemented dhock cord mount to body tube. Tied a double knot in one end of shock cord. Removed tube coupler from yellow nose cone and cut out excess flange material from eyelette. Applied self adhesive decals. This completes construction of Estes
- 06/28/2002 – The Twister is the other rocket included in this kit. Took pictures and scanned plans, decal, fin, and nose cone. Made a copy of body tube pattern sheet and cut it out. Glued nose cone to longer body tube. Marked long tube using guide A and short tube with guide B. Sanded balsa edges along root edge. Glued launch lug and fins to body tube. Marked the yellow tube 1-1/4″ from end and glued green engine block in place so it is 1-1/4″ from the end of body tube. This completes construction of Estes #1449 Super Shot Sport Starter Set.