ESTES Model #2165
Estes Super Big Bertha kit from around 2000 is a super-sized Big Bertha standing over 3 feet tall and flies on “D” Engines. This is a great rocket for beginners too; it is simple to construct and definitely looks impressive on the launch pad. The Biggest “Big Bertha” ever Over 3 Feet Tall And 2 ½ Inches In Diameter Blast-Off With D12-5 Model Rocket Engines You’ll Love To Watch This Rocket Fly Made In U.S.A. Skill Level 2.
- Length: 36.5″
- Diameter: 2.56
- Weight: 6.0 oz.
- Recovery: 24″ Parachute
- Recommended Motor:
- 07/08/2000 – Purchased Estes Super Big Bertha from HobbyLinc for $24.49 (Retail $34.99).
- 02/04/2001 – Opened box and all parts were there. Marked the tube coupler midway and glued it inside one of the body tubes. Glued one centering ring at 1″ from aft end of motor mount tube and other centering ring 4-1/2″ from aft end. To accommodate different lengths of rocket engines, did not install engine block nor engine holder. Removed four fins and fin gussets from fin stock.
- 02/06/2001 – Glued engine mount assembly to lower body tube. Cut a piece of elastic shock cord approximately 1 meter long by 1/4″ wide. Tied a double knot on one end an cat a taper on the other so it can be threaded through the slot in the top centering ring. This will replace the original shock cord which is only 15″ x 1/4″. The original shock cord was to be affixed to its mount and installed inside the wall of the body tube.
- 02/07/2001 – Glued remaining centering ring to motor mount tube. Filleted centering ring and shock cord.
- 02/08/2001 – Stuffed shock cord into engine mount tube and glued the two body tubes together. Marked the launch lug and fins using the tube marking guide template. Glued fins to body tube. Filleted fin one fin joint.
- 02/09/2001 – Filleted remaining fins. Glued two of the four fin gussets to the fin joints.
- 02/11/2001 – Cut launch lug and glued it to body tube.
- 02/12/2001 – Filleted launch lug joints.
- 09/25/2002 – Spray painted Krylon #1501 Gloss White on model.
- 10/05/2002 – Applied second coat of white paint.
- 10/19/2002 – Cut out self adhesive decals and applied to model. This completes construction of Estes Super Big Bertha model rocket #2165.
|07/13/2008||ADC Park||BS22||E9-6||nice and lazy|
|03/06/2010||Sim’s Farm||BS38||E9-6||Great Flight.|
|04/04/2010||Sim’s Farm||TRA2||E9-6||Great Flight with too much height for the chute size and the wind conditions. Lost in a tree.|