Cruise the galaxy in style with the Star Trooper. This small rocket is able to fly up to 900 feet. It is a great rocket for beginners or any rocketeer looking to spice up their collection.
- Length: 7″
- Diameter: 0.54″
- Weight: 0.3 oz.
- Recovery: 6″ Parachute
- Altitude: 900′
- Decal: Waterslide
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/4A3-3T, 1/2A3-2T, 1/2A3-4T, A3-4T, A10-3T
- 07/20/2012 – Purchased Estes Star Trooper from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $4.19 (Retail $6.00).
- 11/12/2012 – Took pictures, scanned, card, decal, fin balsa sheet, fin, nose cone and plans. Printed fin marking guide and shock cord mount. Cut them out. Glued tube coupler into both body tubes. Marked fin guide lines on body tube. Sanded leading edge and fin faces. Glued screw eye into base of balsa nose cone. Glued and filleted all glued fins to body tube. Parts measurements are recorded on page 124 Book #3.
- 11/13/2012 – Glued launch lug between two fins with alignment even with bottom of fins. Filleted launch lug joints.
- 11/14/2012 – Attached shock cord to mount and then glued inside body tube at least 1″ from forward edge.
- 09/02/2013 – Spray painted entire model with gray primer. Later sanded the model smooth and wipe it down.
- 09/03/2013 – Spray pointed entire model with Gloss White Krylon.
- 09/26/2013 – Spray painted nose cone with Krylon Bright Idea Yellow #53538 and body tube with Rustoleum Green #7435.
- 09/29/2013 – Applied water slide decals. This completes construction of Estes Star Trooper model rocket #3031.
|01/12/2014||Sod Farm||BS74||1/2A3-4T||Maiden Flight. Good Flight.|
|01/12/2014||Sod Farm||BS74||A10-3T||Good Flight Lost rocket.|