An 8 inch diameter spinning rocket! Futuristic and sci-fi! Low altitude flights for assured recovery!
When a “unique recovery” rocket like this hits the market, the crowd goes wild! And this is a crowd pleaser for sure! Quin, as in five, precision laser cut wood pieces build into one very unique and fun flying rocket! It spins going up and it spins coming down! Even more fun is no nose cone so truly looks like a “UFO”.
- Length: 3″
- Diameter: 8″
- Weight: 0.8 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Recovery: Spin
- Altitude: 150′
- Recommended Motors:
- B6-0, C6-0
- 12/01/2016 – Purchased Estes Quinnstar from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $11.39 (Retail $11.39). Opened bag. Took pictures. Scanned balsa sheets, centering rings, engine block, engine hook, retainer ring, launch lug and instructions.
- 12/05/2016 – Took measurements and recorded on page 148 book#3.
- 10/22/2017 – Assembled engine mount and main body.
- 10/23/2017 – Glued main body assembly together and reinforced joints.
- 10/24/2017 – Glued center pieces together and then glued inside top of main body. Reinforced joints. Glued motor mount assembly into main body.
- 05/21/2018 – Painted entire rocket Red.
- 06/20/2018 – Applied water slide decals. This completes construction of Estes Quinnstar model rocket #7241.
|08/25/2018||Sod Farm||BS117||C6-5||Maiden Flight|