Smoke and fire! With a cluster of four rocket motors, the Quest Quad Runner is a smoke spewing rocket that will set your inner spirit free. Along with the dense column of smoke, the four engines belch forth a thunderous roar that will turn heads at any launch you show up at. The world will know that you’re a go-getter and you have command of the fire-demons in your rocket.
- Length: 27.5″
- Diameter: 1.97″
- Weight: 6 oz.
- Recovery: 18″ Nylon Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 4 x
- A8-3, A8-5, B4-4, B6-4, B6-6, C6-3, C6-5
- 4 x
- 04/22/2013 – Purchased Quest Quad Runner from HobbyLinc for $28.19 (Retail $44.99).
- 08/24/2013 – Took pictures and measurements (page 134 book#3) of components. Scanned decal, fins, centering ring, star center and painting mask. Marked each end of motor mount tube @1/2″ and glued each of the 4 motor tubes into the centering rings. Looped the Kevlar cord in half and tied the loose ends to the round white elastic cord. Looped the Kevlar cord around the bolt screwed into one of the star senters flush against the bolt head. Screwed the second star center 3/4″ from the first and using thick CA dabbed the bolt joint star center. Glued the fin section together aster sanding the fin edges. Had to resand two of the frontal fins so they would fit against the main fin properly. After the four cluster motor mount assembly dried, put the star center bolt assembly with holt heads facing into the center of the motor mount assembly. Made a copy of fin marking guide, cut it out and marked the body tube fin guide lines.
- 08/25/2013 – Glued motor mount assembly into body tube so the ends of the motor mount tubes extend outside the aft end 1/4″. Glued one fin along fin guide line.
- 08/29/2013 – Glued second fin to body tube and then glued the third fin to the body tube. Finally glued the fourth and final fin to the body tube.
- 08/30/2013 – Filleted all fin joints. Glued launch lug along a line centered between two fins. One lug is even the the aft edge of the body tube and the other lug is 8″ from the aft end along the same line.
- 08/31/2013 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon gray primer.
- 09/04/2013 – Sanded model smooth with 220 grit sandpaper. Wiped down model with a cloth and spray painted model with Krylon Gloss White. Removed nut and washer. Masked bolt before painting.
- 09/15/2013 – Matt made a paint mask backed with wax paper. He spray painted Krylon Banner Red and then removed the masking tape so I would not mess it up. Matt placed the self adhesive decals onto the model. The elastic shock cord was attached to the nose cone. This completes construction of Quest Quad Runner model rocket #5016.
|01/12/2014||Sod Farm||BS74||4 x A8-5||Maiden Flight. All engines ignited. Model flew only a few hundred feet but looked nice.|
|01/12/2014||Sod Farm||BS74||4 x B6-4||Great Flight. Got a lot more height on this flight. Good motor choice.|
|01/12/2014||Sod Farm||BS74||4 x C6-5||Great launch, nice and high flight and great recovery. Landed in grass down the hill.|
|04/26/2014||Sod Farm||BS79||4 x B6-6||Good Flight.|
|04/26/2014||Sod Farm||BS79||4 x C6-5|
|04/26/2014||Sod Farm||BS79||4 x A8-4||Good Flight.|
|06/14/2014||Sod Farm||BS81||4 x C6-5||Model veered toward west off of launch pad. One engine did not ignite.|
|07/19 & 20/2014||Sod Farm||BS82||4 x A8-5||Model flew straight but not high enough for a 5 second delay because the ejection charge went off on the ground. One engine did not ignite. No Damage.|
|07/19 & 20/2014||Sod Farm||BS82||4 x B6-4||Good Flight.|
|08/23/2014||Sod Farm||BS83||4 x A8-3||Model flew straight but not high enough for a 5 second delay because the ejection charge went off on the ground. One engine did not ignite. No Damage.|
|11/09/2014||Sod Farm||BS86||4 x C6-5||Screw ball Flight. All motors ignited|
|03/18/2015||Sod Farm||BS90||4 x B6-4||All engines ignited. Landed East of launch pad.|
|04/26/2015||Sod Farm||BS92||4 x B6-4||All Motors lgnited.|
|08/15/2015||Sod Farm||BS96||4 x B4-4|
|02/27/2016||Sod Farm||BS103||4 x C6-3|