ESTES Model #2184
The Meteor Masher soars into the sky carrying three deep space cluster bombs. Slide action midsection releases three deep space cluster bombs at apogee, which have streamers attached for recovery
- Length: 27″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 4.0 oz.
- Fins: Die Cut Balsa
- Fins: Molded Plastic
- Altitude: 475′
- Rocket: 12″ Parachute
- Bombs: Streamers
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-2, B4-4, B6-2, B6-4, C6-3, C6-5
- 02/25/2003 – Purchased Estes Meteor Masher from HobbyLinc for $9.09 (Retail $12.99)
- 06/15/2003 – Took pictures of package and contents. Scanned some of the parts. Measured some of the parts. Made copy of marking guide on first page of plans.
- 06/16/2003 – Scanned components, measured components and traced fins and rings on Page 79 Book #2.
- 06/17/2003 – Cut marking guide and shock cord mount from copied page of instructions. Sanded fins and glued fin tips to main fin. Marked piston tube with guide and cut out circle in tube. Removed guide. Glued split ring inside rear portion of piston tube. Ran a bead of glue behind the 1-1/4″ mark. Glued the other larger green ring to the end of the tube housing the split ring. Cut out the disk from the sheet and glued it to the tube house of the small rings. using the internal tube marking guide and a door jamb, drew a line the length of the tube from the launch lug and engine hook. Marked the engine hook line at 2-1/2″ from the rear and marked the fins 1-1/4″ from the rear. On the launch lug line marked at 3-1/4″ from the front and 1/2″, 1″, and 4″ from the ring. Glued a small centering ring at the 1-1/4″ from the forward end of the internal tube. Glued the dowel rod along the launch lug line butted against the reward centering ring. Slid the piston assembly over the internal tubel and against the centering ring with the dowel rod to protrude through the split in the small ring. Glued the centering ring at the 4″ mark. Cut a 1/8″ slit at the 2-1/2″ mard and inside the engine holder. Slid the mylar ring over the rear of the internal tube up to the mark even with the engine hook. Glued the other centering ring at the 1/2″ mark with the slot lined up with the engine hook. Glued the launch lug to the stand offs then glued to launch lug line at 3-1/4″. Filleted both side of the centering rings. wrapped lower body tube marking guide around body tube and marked fins and launch lug lines the full length of the body tube. Filleted one side of the launch lug stand off joints. Filleted the other side of the joints. Glued fins to lower body tube and then filleted joints.
- 06/18/2003 – Cut out center of satellite retainer so they would fit over body tube. Cemented satellite retainer over lower body tube so it is aligned with fin guide lines and end of body tube is even with inside piston. Cemented the upper body tube the same way with the second satellite retainer.
- 06/19/2003 – Glued fins to lower body tube and then filleted joints.
- 06/20/2003 – Glued lower then upper body tubes to internal body tube structure.
- 06/23/2003 – Painted upper and lower body tubes Dark Blue #1211, spray paint. Spray painted the fins with the same paint. Spray painted all three satellites Sun Yellow (Color Place #20003).
- 06/24/2003 – Sprayed the second coat on upper and lower body tubes and fins. Painted part of satellite silver and blue using paint pens.
- 06/25/2003 – Painted nose cone Black. Painted Satellites different pen colors.
- 07/12/2003 – Painted mid section Gloss Black.
- 07/13/2003 – Applied self adhesive decals. Took pictures of model. Applied masking tape to the fin outter edge and attempted to paint the area yellow ising a paint pen. This was very difficult to do. It was hard getting an even coat of paint on the model. This completes construction of Estes Meteor Masher model rocket #2184.
|08/11/2013||Sod Farm||BS70||C6-5||Maiden Flight.|