This kit can be assembled quickly with a minimum of effort. The factory applied gold finish is very attractive. On the rocket range it’s lift-off and flight is exceptionally straight and steady. It performs best with an Estes F size 29mm black powder motor and also does well with an Aerotech 24mm F44 composite motor. It’s a great rocket for anyone wanting to get into mid-power with a minimum of trouble and expense.
- Length: 59.5″
- Diameter: 2″
- Weight: 13.3 oz.
- Recovery: 24″ red nylon Parachute
- Fins: Plastic
- Altitude: 1600′
- with PSII booster: 2600′
- Decals: Self Adhesive
- Recommended Motor:
- E16-6, E16-8, F15-6, F15-8
- 12/25/2014 – Removed parts from bags. Measured motor mount tube for both centering rings at 1″ and 3-3/16″ from aft end. Made up a batch of 2 Ton Epoxy and epoxied centering rings to motor mount tube. Made another batch of 2 Ton Epoxy and epoxied motor mount assembly inside of body tube aligning centering ring slots with body tube slots. Using CA adhesive, glued both halves together. Wiped excess CA from fins and allowed to cure. Made another batch of epoxy to attach the fins to the motor mount tube through the body tube slots. Attached shock cord to mount. Marked coupler tube at mid point and epoxied into upper body tube. Cut excess plastic from nose cone eyelet. Epoxied both body tubes together. Epoxied launch lugs to body tube at 1/2″ and 13″ from aft end of body tube.
- 12/27/2014 – Made a batch of epoxy and epoxied shock cord mount assembly into upper body tube 3″ from forward end. Attached motor retainer ring to aft end of motor mount tube with J-B Weld after roughing up the inside with sandpaper to aid in the attachment process.
- 12/28/2014 – Tied sock cord to nose cone eyelete and attached self adhesive decals to model. This completes construction of Estes Mammonth model rocket #9708 Series Pro II.
|06/06/2015||Sod Farm||BS94||F15-0/F15-8||Damage to model due to burn through at stage separation on the body tube.|