PERFORMANCE ROCKETRY Model #
The G3 is a bare-bones 3FNC dual-deploy kit with high-quality G10 fiberglass parts. No instructions were included with kit.
- All of the flat G10 parts are 3/32″ thick.
- Airframe: 22″
- Payload and Booster: 44″
- Motor Mount Tube: 12″
- Coupler/AVBay: 6″
- Diameter: 3″
- Fins: 3 – G10 3/32″ thick
- Recovery: 50″ Top Flight Parachute
- 09/13/2008 – Purchased Performance Rocketry G3 from Nocturnal Knight Rocketry for $119.00 (Retail $119.00)
- 10/06/2008 – Drilled 2 #49 holes into upper centering ring. Cut steel cable equal to one body tube length and looped one end through top centering ring holed securing with crimp connection. Made loop on other end and secured it with connector. Epoxied cable ends with five minute epoxy.
- 10/07/2008 – Applied 30 minute epoxy inside body tube just above fin slot and inserted motor mount assembly even with the aft of the body tube.
- 04/17/2010 – Spray painted body model with Yellow, Orange and Blue paint. Sprayed nose cone black.
- 08/22/2010 – Added a strip of holographic Funky/Silver Sequla FFSS912 purchased from ASP. This completes construction of the Performance Rocketry G3 rocket.