ESTES Model #9706
Estes has added new E2X kits to the Pro Series II to make it even easier to get started flying larger mid-power rockets! The Ascender is the tallest rocket in this new series and sure to be a crowd pleaser. Standing 42.1 inches tall, this rocket can reach heights of 2000 feet. Has a payload section for altimeters or your favorite payload!
- Length: 42.1″
- Diameter: 2.0″
- Weight: 11.0 oz.
- Fin: Plastic
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Altitude: 2000′
- with booster: 3000′
- Recommended Motors
- E16-6, F15-6, F15-8
- 12/25/2013 – Received Estes Ascender as a Christmas present along with the booster (Retail $47.99 & $19.99). Took pictures of package and components. Measured components and recorded on page 138 book #3. Scanned plans and decals. Cemented fin halves together with thin CA. Held halves together with clothes pins. Glued coupler half way into the rear of the payload section.
- 12/26/2013 – Epoxied centering rings to motor mount tube with Devon 2 ton epoxy. Fit nose cone into payload section with masking tape. Epoxied motor mount tube inside body tube. Epoxied all three fin assemblies through the wall onto the motor mount tube assembly. Epoxied launch lugs at 1″ & 3″ positions from the aft end. Fitted shock cord to mount and epoxied mount inside forward end of main body tube by at least 3″.
- 12/30/2013 – J-B welded the retainer ring to the aft end of the motor mount tube. This completes construction of the Estes Pro Series II #9706 Ascender.
- Booster Assembly:
- 12/27/2013 – Epoxied 2 fin halves together and held them in place with clothes pins. Marked and epoxied centering rings to motor mount tube using tab of fin to adjust length between centering rings.
- 12/28/2013 – Epoxied third fin together and epoxied stage cone to forward end of motor mount tube.
- 12/29/2013 – Epoxied motor mount tube into booster body tube and epoxied fins through the walls onto the motor mount tube. Glued the coupler to the body tube.
- 12/30/2013 – J-B welded the retainer ring to the aft end of the booster motor mount tube. This completes construction of Estes #9752 Pro Series II Booster.
|03/09/2014||Sod Farm||BS78||E16-6||Maiden Flight. Great flight.|
|04/26/2014||Sod Farm||BS70||F15-0/F15-8||Maiden Flight with booster.|
|04/26/2014||Sod Farm||BS70||F15-0/F15-8||Good flight.|
|07/19 & 20/2014||Sod Farm||BS82||F15-0/F15-8||Good Flight even though though the upper stage went horizontal at ignition. Upon recovery of the booster stage the motor was found a few feet away from the booster and the retainer had ejected landing a few feet up the hill.|
|09/13 & 14/2014||Sod Farm||BS84||F15-0/F15-8||Lost sustainer East of launch pad.|