Estes Model #3003
Another great Classic returns! One of our most sought after kits, the Alien Invader was recreated almost in its entirety. Unique waterslide decals and laser cut wood are just some of its features.
The Alien Invader is yet another great rocket from days gone by. Another great addition to our Classic Series line, this rocket is a must-have for all serious rocketeers! Estes is once again proud to reintroduce you to another Classic!
A high quality plastic nose cone, laser cut wood fins and waterslide decals mimic the original kit. Any changes Estes made only enhanced this classic kit.
- Length: 20.2″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 2.4 oz.
- Decals: Waterslide
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Altitude: 900′
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 07/30/2010 – Purchased Estes Alien Invader from HobbyLinc for $12.59 (Retail $19.98). Took pictures of package, opened package and found all parts were included in kit. Scanned plans, guide sheets and balsa sheet.
- 07/31/2010 – Measured components and recorded them on page 110 Book #3. Scanned components. sanded both surfaces of balsa sheet and remove stubs. Glued wing components together.
- 08/01/2010 – Glued wings to body tube using guide lines. Glued K wing pieces to each wing and angled fins to fit ram tube after gluing ram tube to wing. Glued top and bottom fins to body tube and fins to front of wings. Gook pictures. Cut a slit into motor mount tube and pushed motor retainer hook into it. Cut two dowel rods 3-3/4″ and marked each at 2″.
- 08/02/2010 – Glued launch lug, motor mount assembly and dowel rods in place.
- 08/03/2010 – Painted all but nose cone with Krylon Gloss White.
- 08/05/2010 – Filleted wings, fins and launch lugs.
- 08/11/2010 – Spray painted fillets with Gloss White.
- 08/16/2010 – Spray painted nose cone Sun Yellow and lower portion of model Gloss Black.
- 02/23/2013 – Applied waterslide decals. This completes construction of Estes Alien Invader model rocket #3003.
|03/09/2013||Sod Farm||BS64||C6-3||Good Flight and recovery|
|11/09/2013||Sod Farm||BS73||C6-3||Good Flight. Recovered by Patty.|
|01/12/2014||Sod Farm||BS74||C6-3||Great Launch, nice and high flight with easy recovery.|
|03/09/2014||Sod Farm||BS78||C6-5||The AP reload took the model up quickly and caused no damage to the model|
|07/19 & 20/2014||Sod Farm||BS82||D13-7||The AP reload took the model up quickly but did not cause any damage to the model.|
|07/19 & 20/2014||Sod Farm||BS82||C6-5||Good Flight.|
|09/13 & 14/2014||Sod Farm||BS84||B6-5||Great Flight|
|09/13 & 14/2014||Sod Farm||BS84||A8-3||Good Flight|
|03/15/2015||Sod Farm||BS90||C6-5||Good Flight. Landed South of launch pad.|
|04/26/2015||Sod Farm||BS92||C6-5||Model came in hot due to streamer and broke tubes from end of wings.|