Estes Model #7208
This Skill Level 1 rocket is part of Estes’s “Basic Builder Series.”It is simple to build and paint, but features distinctive Air-to-Air missile styling.
- Length: 22″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1.5 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Altitude: 975′
- Recommended Motors:
- B6-4, C6-5
- 09/13/2009 – Purchased Estes Ricochet from Walmart in Seymour, IN for $9.96 (Retail $13.99).
- 12/01/2011 – Cut out fin alignment and launch lug marking guide and marked body tube. Rounded leading edge and tapered trailing edge of fins. Cut bevels on both ends of strakes. Glued and filleted fins and strakes along alignment guides. Cut a 1/8″ slit into motor mount and glued centering rings to motor mount tube. Glued thrust ring inside forward end of motor mount tube. Cut out shock cord mount, glued shock cord to it and glued assembly inside forward end of body tube at least 2″. Glued upper body tube to transition piece. Glued motor mount assembly inside of aft end of body tube so tubes are even. This completes construction of model except for paint and decals.
- 12/03/2011 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon White Primer #51315. Sanded with 400 and then 600 grit sandpapers and re-primed. Sanded again with 400 & 600 grit sandpapers. Painted the aft section with Krylon Gloss White #51501. Painted the nose cone Krylon Gloss Black #51601. Need to mask the transition section and paint the upper body tube Blue. Masked the white body tube areas and painted the fins and strakes Gloss Black.
- 01/07/2012 – Damaged the upper tube near the transition at Sim’s Farm launch.
- 01/25/2012 – Broke an aft fin off of the main body tube while trying to put balsa sheet and stock back against the rear wall of the drafting table.
- 01/29/2012 – Repair – the upper body tube crease with an 18mm motor mount tube. Pudhed the tube into the BT-20 with a rammer made from an 18mm engine casing with a 1/2″ dowel rod glued inside the empty casing. Repair a success. Glued fin onto lower body tube.