ESTES Model #7207
Impressive yet powerful! The Crossbow SST™ modeled after the Satellite Interceptor, this rocket is sure to be a hit!
- Length: 15″
- Diameter: 0.74″
- Weight: 1.1 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Altitude: 1600′
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 08/08/2009 – Purchased Estes Crossbow SST from Walmart for $0.00 (Retail $9.29)
- 10/21/20019 – Took pictures of box and components. Measurements were recorded on page 50 Book #4.
- 10/26/2019 – Marked motor mount tube at 1″ and 2-1/2″ from aft end. Cut 1/8″ slot at 2-1/2″ mark and inserted motor retainer hook. Glued retainer ring over retainer at 1″ mark. Glued yellow tube coupler inside forward end of motor mount tube so it is even with top of engine retainer hook. Glued main body tube to tube coupler. Cut out fin marking guide from a copy. Marked the body tube with fin reference lines. Glued stabilizers to reference lines on body tube. Filleted joints. Glued vertical fin onto body tube.
- 10/27/2019 – Glued main wing and sub fin to body tube.
- 10/28/2019 – Glued second stab fin to body tube line. Glued space probe attachment to end of fins. Glued launch lug to body tube. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside of forward end of main body tube by at least 2″.
- 10/29/2019 – Construction of Estes Crossbow #7207 requires paint and decal. Tied snap swivel to parachute shroud lines.
- 03/20/2021 – Spray painted Krylon white primer on model.
- 09/18/2023 – Sanded balsa parts with 120 & 220 grit sandpaper and entire model with 600 grit sandpaper. Wiped model with alcohol wiper. Spray painted entire model with Rust-o-leum # 328373 High Gloss White.