ESTES Model #2425
D and *E Engine powered at its finest! The Super Neon XL is one massive rocket standing OVER 3 feet tall and is sure to be a great addition to any rocket collection! A multi-tube fin design ensures superior flight and a one-of-a-kind look!
What a sight to see in the sky! This huge rocket will blow you away while it screams to the upper atmosphere! The Super Neon XL is one HOT rocket that utilizes space age multi-tube fin design to provide superior flight stability and a one-of-a-kind look! This rocket is a gigantic, more powerful upscaled version of the Estes Super Neon.
The Super Neon XL is original in shape and style as previously done by the Estes pros a decade ago. It has been retrofitted with parts made from the latest manufacturing processes, such as laser cut wood parts, a high quality wood nose cone, neon waterslide decals and top quality Estes body tubes. These features combine to guarantee outstanding flight performance. Did we mention it’s super-sized? Towering over most rockets at 37 inches, the XL lifts off into orbit on powerful Estes D and *E engines to amazing heights of 1,000 feet. It returns smoothly using a vivid 24 inch pre-assembled parachute.
- Length: 35″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Weight: 6.8 oz.
- Recovery: 24″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Altitude: 1000′
- Recommended Motors:
- D12-5, E9-4, E9-6
- 03/21/2008 – Purchased Estes Super Neon from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $8.99 (Retail $14.99).
- 05/12/2020 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned components.
- 05/13/2020 – Sanded both sides of fin sheet. Removed balsa parts from balsa sheet. Removed centering rings from cardboard stock. Glued centering rings to motor mount tube at 1″ and 3-1/4″ from aft end. Cut a 1/8″ slot at 3-1/4″ mark. Filleted centering ring joints. Glued engine block into forward inside end of motor mount tube. Sanded edges of fins round at leading edge and tapered at trailing edge.
- 05/14/2020 – Glued fins to each sonic tube and checked alignment with fin jig.
- 05/15/2020 – Glued sonic tubes together in pairs. Glued tube coupler midway into lower body tube.
- 05/16/2020 – Glued shock cord to mount and then glued shock cord assembly 2″ inside forward end of body tube. Attached other end of shock cord to nose cone eyelet after cutting flange from it.
- 03/02/2022 – Spray painted entire model with black primer.
- 03/07/2023 – Sanded fin tubes with 120,220, & 600 grit sandpapers. Wiped model with alcohol wiper. Spray painted entire model rocket with Rust-oleum #327914 Flat White Primer.
- 03/21/2023 – Spray painted body tube, and nose cone with Liquitex #PY184, Vivid Lime Green.
- 03/26/2023 – Spray painted fin tubes with Krylon #2709, Gloss Ice Grape.
- 03/27/2023 – Removed masking.
- 05/25/2023 – Applied water slide decals using photo card as guide. This completes construction of Estes #2425, Super Neon XL model rocket.