ESTES Model #2037
This awesome D and E engine rocket is a 1:5 scale model of ASAS’s sounding rockdt that was launched to the D layer of the ionosphere in 1968.
- Length: 38.8″
- Diameter: 1.8″
- Weight: 9.2 oz.
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser cut Balsa
- Altitude: 787′
- Recommended Motors:
- D12-5. E9-6
- 07/28/2007 – Purchased Estes D-Region Tomahawk from Hobby Lobby in Clarksville, IN for $20.99 (Retail $34.99).
- 07/30/2007 – Opened package. Scanned components. Measured components.
- 08/02/2007 – Used thick CA’d to bond plastic bulkhead to motor mount tube after gluing green engine block into aft end of tube. Marked baffle tube mid point. CA’d plastic baffle end into aft end of tube coupler. Using medium CA attached bulkhead motor mount tube into fin can. CA’d both halves of fin can together. Used rubber bands to hold fin can together.
- 08/03/2007 – Using medium CA, attached lower body tube to fin can. Glued stuffer tube bulkhead assembly inside of lower body tube over stuffer tube so it is even with stuffer tube. Using thick CA, attached launch lugs to body tube and fin can.
- 08/05/2007 – Epoxied fin to fin can using 5 minute epoxy. Glued upper body tube to tube coupler. Epoxied nose cone tip to nose cone.