ESTES Model #7245
Back by popular demand and a new color scheme! The Comanche-3 has always been a crowd pleaser and this time around is no different! Dual streamer recovery brings this awesome rocket back to earth with tumble recovery for the boosters.
Straight forward assembly and a day or so of your time and you’re ready for lift-off! Three Estes standard model rocket engines will have you searching the skies for this one!
- Length: 41″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 2.5 oz.
- Altitude: 2250′
- Recovery: 36″ Dual Streamer
- Recommended Motors:
- First Stage: G11-0, D12-0
- Second Stage: B6-0, C6-0
- Third Stage: B6-6, C6-7
- 12/23/2006 – Purchased Estes Commanche-3 from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $13.27 (Retail $18.99).
- 12/01/2016 – Took pictures of bag, opened bag and took pictures of contents.
- 12/05/2016 – Measurements are on page 150 Book #3.
- 12/22/2017 – Made copy of shock cord mount and body tube alignment guide. Marked fin lines and body tube coupler.
- 12/23/2017 – Marked center line on tube coupler and glued into first and third stage body tubes. Glued centering ring on end of second and third stage motor mount tubes. Glued aft centering rings on second and third stage motor mount tubes.
- 12/24/2017 – Glued second and third stage motor mount assemblies into body tubes. Glued fins to each stage body tubes. Glued engine blocks into forward ends of motor mount tubes. Glued shock cord into its mount and then inside upper stage forward body tube at about 1″. Tied shock cord free end to nose cone. Glued launch lugs 6″ and at the aft end of the sustainer stage body tube.
- 12/25/2017 – Filleted fin and launch lug joints.
- 05/25/2018 – Spray painted nose cone and body tube orange, second stage Yellow and first stage Red.
- 05/27/2018 – Painted first stage fin and body tube Orange.
- 06/20/2018 – Applied waterslide decals. This completes construction of Estes Commanche-3 model rocket #7245.
|03/22/2009||Sim’s Farm||FF2009||D12-0/C6-0/ C6-7||Drift away/quad return.|