Estes Model #2193
A highly detailed X Prize spaceship from the Vanguard Spacecraft team. The Eagle soars 500 feet into the sky! Includes multiple display nozzles and laser cut balsa parts. Scale 1:91.
- Length: 19.5″
- Diameter: 1.637″
- Weight: 3.0 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Molded plastic & Die cut balsa
- Altitude: 500′
- Parts List
- Body Tube (BT-55V) – 30454
- Body Tube (BT-60V) – 30453
- Engine Mount Tube (BT20J) White – 30408
- Engine Hook Retainer Ring Mylar (RR-20) – 30168
- Engine Block Green – 30162
- Engine Hook (EH-2) – 35021
- Spacer Tool Yellow (ET-2 – 35003
- Plastic Parts Set-1
- Fin Unit Pods
- Plastic Parts Set-2 – 60888
- Transition TA-5560
- Nose Cone Halves
- Plastic Parts Set-3 – 60889
- Display Base Nozzles (4)
- Display Base
- Notched Adapter Ring
- Adapter Ring
- Engine Pod Nozzles (4)
- Nose Cone Nozzles (4)
- Decal Sheet – 60852
- Laser Cut Balsa Fins – 32223
- Rubber Shock Cord (1/4″ x 30″) – 38369
- Parachute 12″ – 35801
- Launch Lug LL-2B (1/8″ x 2-3/16″) – 38167
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-2, B6-4, C6-3, C6-5
- 02/05/2005 – Purchased Estes Eagle X-Prize from Hobby Lobby in Columbus, IN for $12.99 (Retail $13.99).
- 02/22/2006 – Took pictures of package, opened it and took pictures of contents. Scanned fins, decals, instructions, nozzles, and plates. Printed copy of marking guide.
- 02/23/2006 – Measured parts and recorded on page 16 of Book #3.
- 03/23/2006 – Measured 1″ and 2-1/4″ from aft end of motor mount tube. Cut a 1/8″ slit on the 2-1/4″ mark and inserted the engine retainer hook. Glued engine block inside forward end of engine mount tube flush with retainer hook. Held the engine retainer clip in place with a piece of masking tape below 1″ mark. A mylar retainer ring was glued to the 1″ mark and the masking tape was removed. CA’d centering rings to motor tube.
- 03/24/2006 – CA’d engine mount to fin unit. CA’d ring to slots in fin unit. CA’d next section to centering ring and one side of previous unit. Continued with remaining two sections until complete. Marked lower body tube with fin guide and launch lug guide lines. Marked upper body tube 1/8″ from aft end and glued upper fins to guide lines. Cut clay in half and applied one half to one side of nose cone in upper tip. and the other half to the top of the other section of nose cone. CA’d nose cone halves together. CA’d lower body tube to fin unit so the fin reference line aligned with a lower fin. Glued launch lug even with rear of lower body tube along launch lug reference line. CA’d the upper body tube to the adapter.
- 03/25/2006 – Filleted upper balsa fins. Glued rear of adapter to lower body tube so the fins of the lower and upper unit are aligned. Filleted launch lug joints.
- 03/27/2006 – CA’d nozzles onto nose cone lower fin casing and display base.
- 04/02/2006 – Glued shock cord to mount and inside upper body tube at least 2″.
- 09/10/2023 – Missing one upper fin therefore made a new one and glued in place of the missing one. Spray painted entire model with Rust-o-leum #328373 High Gloss White.
- 09/11/2023 – Masked all but fins. Spray painted fins with Rust-o-leum #328374 High Gloss Black. Removed masking.
- 11/12/2023 – Cleanded up white areas spotted with black paint using Practra #A47 Flat White Acrylic Enamel.