ESTES Model #1948
The Big Bertha gives you a slow, realistic liftoff. What a thrill it is to watch! Propelled by powerful Estes standard model rocket engines, this beauty travels to 500 feet. In one afternoon your Bertha is ready for an exciting time at the launch field!
- Length: 24″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Weight: 2.5 oz.
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Fin: Die Cut Balsa
- Decals: Waterslide
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-2, B4-4, B6-2, B6-4, C6-5
- 10/01/1998 – Modified engine mount from 18mm to 24mm. Replaced engine tube with 24mm engine tube. Modified centering rings to accept 24mm engine mount tube. Centering rings were enlarged by cutting out and sanding hole with 150 grit sandpaper rolled up.
- 10/02/1998 – Scanned page containing tube marking guide and cut guide and shock cord mount from it.
- 06/27/2003 – Marked body tube for fin placement. Glued fins onto marks.
- 06/28/2003 – Filleted fin joints.
- 07/01/2003 – Coated fins with balsa filler.
- 07/08/2003 – Sanded balsa filler smooth with 400 grit sandpaper.
- 07/10/2003 – Applied second coat of balsa filler.
- 07/12/2003 – Sanded second coat smooth with 400 grit sandpaper.
- 07/19/2003 – Spray painted model with Krylon Gloss Black #81601 three times.
- 07/23/2003 – Applied self adhesive decals as per pictures. This completes construction of Estes Big Bertha model rocket #1948.
|07/13/2008||ADC Park||BS22||C6-5||great flight|