ESTES Model #1261
A miniature version of one of the most popular kits of all time, the Big Bertha. There’s nothing childlike about the Baby Bertha! It’s fun to build and decorate.
- Length: 12.8″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Weight: 1.9 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut Wood
- Decal: Self Adhesive
- Altitude: 575′
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, 6-5
- 09/09/2002 – Purchased Estes Baby Bertha from HobbyLinc for $4.19 (Retail $5.99).
- 11/22/2002 – Opened kit. Scanned decal, fin, nose cone and plans. Photographed kit, decal and fin balsa sheet. Measured various parts and recorded them on page 38 Book #2. Measured motor tube at 1/2″, 1-1/4″ and 2-1/2″. Cut 1/8″ slit at 2-1/2″ mark. Glued retainer ring at 1-1/4″ mark over engine holder clip. Glued engine block even with forward end inside of motor mount tube. Glued forward centering ring flush with forward end of engine tube and glued aft centering ring 1/2″ from aft end of engine tube. Filleted centering ring joints. Glued motor mount assembly into aft end of body tube with the motor mount tube end flush with the end of the body tube. Marked the completed parachute with the model # and placed in storage.
- 11/23/2002 – Filleted rear ring to body tube. Marked body tube with fin reference lines and glued fins onto body tube. Filleted fin joints.
- 11/24/2002 – Glued launch lug to body tube along reference line. Filleted launch lug joints.
- 11/21/2003 – Masked the black areas so the 2 unpainted fins could be painted white.
- 11/22/2003 – Spray painted the other fins with Krylon Gloss White #1501.
- 11/24/2003 – Applied self adhesive decals to model . This completes construction of Estes Baby Bertha model rocket #1261. Took pictures of finished rocket.
|03/09/2013||Sod Farm||BS64||C6-3||Good Flight.|
|03/09/2013||Sod Farm||BS64||C6-3||Great Flight.|