Multi-staging at its best! Using two stages for power, CC Express zooms through the sky at supersonic speeds while achieving high altitudes of over 1700 feet. A true modelers kit to build and a high fliers dream rocket to fly! This extremely fast, high performance, two-stage rocket has two engines, each used during different portions of its flight. Each stage (engine and support unit) is dropped when it ignites the engine in the stage above it. This gives the rocket super high flights! Recovery is usually by parachute or streamer. The action is always hot when flying a staged rocket! This rocket can be flown as a single stage rocket or add a booster engine and watch this beast soar to astonishing heights of over 1,700 feet.
- Length: 28.4″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 2.7 oz.
- Nose Cone: Plastic
- Fins: Laser cut balsa
- Decals: Self ashesive
- Recommended Motors:
- First Stage:
- B6-0, C6-0
- Second Stage:
- A8-5, B6-7, C6-7
- First Stage:
- 05/24/2002 – Purchased Estes CC Express from Hobby Lobby in Greenwood, IN for $10.99 (Retail $11.99)
- 07/12/2002 – Opened kit and found all parts in kit. Took pictures and scanned kit items. Measured pieces and recorded on page 156 Book #1. Cut out a copy of tube marking guide and shock cord mount. Sanded edges of fins. Booster engine mount assembly was completed by gluing the centering rings to each end of the engine tube and gluing the engine block into one end even with the tube end. Joints were filleted. The main engine mount was glued together by gluing the centering rings 1/2″ from each end and the engine block was glued 3/8″ from forward end of motor tube. Joints were filleted.
- 07/13/2002 – Glued booster engine mount into booster body tube. Applied glue 1″ from forward end of booster tube and inserted into body tube. Glued main engine mount assembly even with the aft end of sustainer tube. Cut flange form nose cone eyelet. Attached a snap swivel to parachute. Marked upper body tube and booster tube for fin placement. Glued and filleted fins to both tubes. Cut launch lug in half and glued one to aft end of upper body tube and other 10″ from aft end of upper body tube. Filleted launch lug joints. Glued shock cord to mount and then at least 2″ inside forward end of upper body tube.
- 07/14/2002 – Finished launch lug fillet. Tied shock cord to nose cone.
- 09/24/2002 – Spray painted model with Krylon Gloss Cherry Red #2101.
- 10/05/2002 – Spray painted nose cone Gloss Black.
- 10/06/2002 – Spray painted nose cone Gloss Black.
- 10/08/2002 – Spray painted upper and booster stage fins black.
- 10/14/2002 – Resprayed upper stage red due to loss of paint when removing masking tape.
- 10/19/2002 – Removed self adhesive decals and applied to model. This completes construction of Estes CCExpress model rocket #1302.