EXO-SKELL Alien Rocketship Lander. EST 2163 Exo Skell Skill Level 1 by Estes Model Rockets Reptilian look sci-fi rocket that deploys an alien pod in the air! Alien pod extends its legs and descends to earth via parachute! The alien inside rotates inside the pod!
- Length: 18.5″
- Diameter: 2.25″
- Weight: 5.3 oz.
- Nose Cone: Plastic
- Fins: Plastic
- Recommended Motors:
- C5-3, C6-3
- 05/31/2001 – Purchased Estes Exo Skell form Bob Gelina for $14.00 (Retail $26.99)
- 10/13/2001 – Clean plastic parts in warm soapy water.
- 10/14/2001 – Painted legs and window frames Testors #1146 Silver.
- 10/28/2001 – Painted plastic raised surfaces with Testors #A46 Flat Black water based acrylic enamel. Marked the larger body tube down its length using Estes tube marking guide with pencil. Applied the Eso-Skell Adhesive decals to the tubes so it lines up with the front end of the tube. Marked the smaller tube between the notch and applied the other self adhesive decals to it so it aligns with the front of the first pencil line. Enlarges the centering rings and placed on the end of the smaller tube toward the decal. Applied glue to the end of the tube and pushed one of the centering rings flush with the end of the tube. Placed the leg coupler ring over the smaller tube and slide it ove the tube so the other centerin ring could be located on the tube. Remove the leg retainer and marked both sides of the centering ring. Removed the ring form the model . Applied glue and re-positioned the ring between capture ring to the smaller body tube. Cemented the leg capture ring to the smaller body tube. Double knotted shock cord and pulled it through the slit in the smaller body tube. Glued the larger tube to the smaller tube. Cemented the fins to the smaller tube.
- 10/29/2001 – Placed black cord into space pod, attached legs to pod and held in place with rubber bands. Since the alien fell out of slot, need to dissemble pod top and put it back in place. Dissambled th top of pod after taping down the legs with masking tape by removing the three screws. Slide the aliens rod into the slot and carefully reassembled the pod. Placed alien rod into pod. Screwed cap of pod into place after putting windows into pod. Since the