Sleek sounding rocket design with large payload section. Excellent performance for flights over 1000′. Perfect for small insect payloads.
- Length: 18″
- Diameter: 0.976″
- Weight: 1.3 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, A8-5, B6-4, B8-5, C6-5, C6-7
- 05/07/2001 – Purchased Estes Polaris from HobbyLinc for $8.89 (Retail $12.99).
- 12/01/2001 – Scanned all pieces. Measured motor mount then applied engine retainer hook and ring adaptor. Filleted adapter ring to motor mount tube. Marked upper and lower body tubes. Cemented nose base to nose cone. Cemented plastic tube adapter and plastic nose cone to upper body tube. Glued motor mount to lower body tube. Glued fins to upper and lower body tubes and filleted fin joints.
- 12/02/2001 – Glued and filleted launch lug to body tube.
- 09/24/2002 – Painted model Krylon True Blue #1910.
- 06/30/2007 – Touch up paint on mouse bites in edges of balsa fins.