Scale like model rocket with plane like look.
- Length: 18″
- Diameter: 1.54″
- Weight: 2.5 oz.
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A8*3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 05/07/2001 – Purchased Estes Menace form HobbyLinc for $8.89 (Retail $12.99).
- 12/02/2001 – Scanned plans, fins and scoop. Component measurements are located on pages 96 & 100 of Book #1. Printed first page of plans and cut out body tube marking guide and shock cord mount. Constructed motor mount by slitting blue engine mount tube 1/4″ from forward end 1/8″. Glued and filleted centering rings to motor mount tube. Glued motor mount assembly into rear of main body tube. Marked body tube for fins and launch lug. Rounded fins leading edge and tapered trailing edge before gluing four fins to body tube.
- 12/03/2001 – Glued scoops between fins #2 and #4. Glued wing lets 4″ from rear and filleted one side of joints.
- 12/04/2001 – Filleted other side of wing let joints and glued launch lug to body tube 4″ from aft end. Filleted launch lug joints.
- 09/21/2002 – Cleaned off dust and dirt and then applied a coating of Krylon Glossy White #1501 spray paint.
- 10/07/2002 – Painted rocket a second time.