Easy to build this large diameter rocket. Fat Boy and proud of it! Bullets its way to over 300 ft. in altitude and recovers with an 18″ parachute.
- Length: 12.9″
- Diameter: 2.6″
- Weight: 3.0 oz.
- Recovery: 18″ Parachute
- Altitude: 325′
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-2, B6-2, C5-3, C6-5
- No record of when nor where this model was purchased
- 09/30/1998 – Modified engine mount tube to 24mm x 70mm. Modified centering rings to accept 24mm tube.
- 10/02/1998 – Completed construction of the 24mm engine mount assembly. Scanned page containing shock cord mount and cut it out.
- 10/03/1998 – Glued engine mount into body tube. Cut out and sanded fins. Glued fins into body tube fin slots. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside body tube.
- 10/04/1998 – Filleted fin joints.
- 10/05/1998 – Made 18″ Parachute.
- 10/06/1998 – Applied first coat of balsa filler on fins.
- 10/07/1998 – Applied second coat of balsa filler.
- 10/08/1998 – Sanded balsa filler smooth and painted with primer.
- 10/09/1998 – Painted base coat of Krylon Gloss White #1602.
- 10/10/1998 – Masked fins and coated nose cone and body tube with Krylon Gloss Cherry Red @2101.
- 10/11/1998 – Removed masking tape from fins. Masked all of rocket except fins and painted with two coats of Rust-o-Plastic Hialeak Blue #125-5239.
- 10/12/1998 – Touched up red paint at fin joints.
- 10/13/1998 – Applied self adhesive decals. This completes construction of Estes Fat Boy model rocket #2139.
|03/09/2013||Sod Farm||BS64||D12-3||Good flight and recovery.|