ESTES Model #2162
BIG is better! Well in most things – big is better. Using Estes E engines, this highly streamlined rocket can reach a cloud topping 900 feet. If you prefer to keep it suborbital, it will also fly extremely well on C11-3 engine or Estes D engines! Either way, this extreme rocket returns to earth on a colorful 24 inch pre-assembled parachute.
Experience in model building and finishing is necessary to build this big guy, but the end result is worth the effort.
- Length: 19″
- Diameter: 3″
- Weight: 5.3 oz.
- Fin: Laser Cut Wood
- Recovery: 24″ Parachute
- Decal: Waterslide
- Nose Cone: Plastic
- Recommended Motors:
- C11-3, D12-3, D12-5, E12-4, E12-6
- 10/21/1999 – Purchased Estes Big Daddy from Hobbylinc for $13.99 (Retail $19.99)
- 02/03/2001 – Opened kit. Marked engine mount. Installed engine block. Glued centering ring. Glued engine mount into body tube.
- 09/23/2002 – Painted model Krylon #1601 Spray Paint.
- 10/05/2002 – Remove 2″ of paint from top of Black nose cone with isopropyl alcohol with a wash cloth and painted tip yellow twice.
- 10/06/2002 – Painted nose tip white.
- 10/07/2002 – Painted nose tip yellow.
- 10/08/2002 – Painted nose cone tip yellow again.
- 11/13/2002 – Painted all but yellow tip Gloss Black. Tied shock cord to nose cone eyelet. Applied self adhesive decals. This completes construction of Estes Big Daddy model rocket # 2162.