QUEST Model #Q1019
This model rocket kit was modified from 18mm to 24mm.
Flights up to 700′
Laser Cut Balsa Fins
- Length: 20.5″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1.7 oz.
- Recovery: 14″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A6-4, B6-4, C6-3, 5
- 04/21/2006 – Purchased Quest Screamin’ Deamon from Hobbylinc for $6.79 (Retail $8.49)
- 07/30/2006 – Modified model by removing 18mm engine mount from plans and using a centering ring for 24mm engine block glued 3-1/2″ from the rear edge of the main body tube using an E engine as a guide. Marked the engine at 3-1/2″ and reamed the ceramic nozzle so the shock cord would easily pass through. Tied one end of Kevlar cord to the 24mm engine block before gluing into the main body tube. To accomplish the modified engine diameter, the tabs on the balsa fins required reduction so they would allow insertion of the 24mm motor tube assembly. Each fin tab was reduced 1/2″ to accommodate the change. The modified fins were glued into the body tube slots. The fin joints were filleted and the launch lug was glued midway between two fins 4″ from the rear edge and filleted.
- 02/13/2023 – Sanded balsa parts with 80 grit sandpaper.
- 08/20/2023 – Spray painted fins and bottom of body tube with Krylon #3421 Gloss Pumpkin Orange.
- 08/31/2023 – Replaced nose cone and spray painted with Rust-o-leum #344692 High Gloss Yellow Ginger.
- 09/01/2023 – Applied water slide decals to model rocket. This completes construction of Quest Screaming Deamon model rocket #Q1019.