Featuring a red transparent cargo section the Quest Gamma Ray Model Rocket is a sleek payload capable vehicle
- Length: 17.38″
- Diameter: 0.787″
- Weight: 1.1 oz.
- Recovery: 14″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A3-4, B4-4, C12-6, 8, D16-6,8
- 09/05/2000 – Purchased Quest Gamma Ray from eHobbies for $5.94 (Retail $7.79)
- 01/17/2001 – Opened kit. Everything was present except the launch procedure. Removed balsa fins from fin sheet and sanded edges smooth. Glued end to adaptor with plastic cement. Tied Kevlar cord to elastic shock cord. Marked yellow motor tube with engine block and slit body tube at mark after inserting yellow motor tube. The engine was inserted into the forward end of the motor tube after attaching one end of Kevlar cord around it. Slit was made in motor tube. Fins were sanded at the edges to clean up removal of stubs.
- 01/18/2001 – Cut out tube marking guide, marked body tube and glued a fin along one of the marking guidelines.
- 01/19/2001 – Glued other two fins onto the body tube and filleted fin joints.
- 01/20/2001 – Glued launch lug and stand off 1-1/2″ from rear of body tube. Filleted stand and launch lug joints.
- 09/24/2002 – Removed payload section from model and painted model with Krylon Gloss Cherry Red #2101.
- 10/06/2002 – Cut out decals and applied to body tube and three fins. Added a piece of masking tape to bottom of transition and another to the upper portion that fits the payload section. Since the tape was too wide, had to trim it to fit the section on the transition piece. The self adhesive decals had a paper backing and looke like black 1/4″ stripes applied to a silvered mylar paper material. When scanned the reflective surface looked black, therefore measured the decals and took pictures. This ends construction of the Quest Gamma Ray model rocket #2004.