Bright, bold and rugged, the Astra III is one of our best selling rockets. Part of our QUICK KIT family it features a unique all molded plastic fin can assembly. It is a great kit with a one-piece molded fin unit. It requires a little more skill to assemble, but still goes together easy enough. In a group building session, Astra III can be built in about 45 minutes.
- Length: 15″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 2 oz.
- Fin Material: Plastic
- Nose Cone: Plastic
- Recovery: 14″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A6-4, A8-3, B6-4, C6-3, 5,C12-4, D16-6, 8
- Quest Quick Kit motor mount/fin-unit
- Shock cord and dependable parachute recovery system
- 02/25/2003 – Purchased Quest Astra III from Hobbylinc for $6.49 (Retail $7.99)
- 03/13/2003 – Took pictures of kit and scanned components. Tied Kevlar and shock cord together at one end. Inserted Kevlar into loop through motor mount and tied loop with double knot. Inserted motor tube slot into motor housing together with cement. Screwed up here and applied glue to surface where sin should be inserted and removed it with xacto knife. Stuffed the Kevlar cord through the engine tube, applied cement to body tube and then cemented body tube to engine mount assembly. Placed fins in slots but did not cement in place. Applied fin ring, then engine tube ring. Glued nose done base to nose cone. Tied shock cord to nose cone. Applied self adhesive decals to body tube. Applied gripper tabs over pre-punched holes in chute corners.
- 03/14/2003 – Tied shroud lines to 14″ parachute and then to a snap swivel. Took final picture of completed rocket and stand. This completes construction of the Quest Astra III model rocket #1620.