Corporations of the future may be contracted to develop rockets to save the Earth from a wayward asteroid. The Matrix may never really save the world, but it is sure to grab the attention of everyone on the flight line! The Matrix comes complete with our exclusive Quantum Tube airframe, G-10 fins, and complete decal package. Flies great using H and I motors. The Matrix comes with a 38mm motor mount
- Length: 52.0″
- Diameter: 3.0″
- Weight: 3.44 lbs.
- Recovery: 36″ Parachute
- Motor Mount: 38mm
- Recommended Motors:
- H – K
- 01/03/2009 – Purchased Public Missiles Matrix from Nocturnal Knight Rocketry for $75.00 (Retail $98.95)
- 10/31/2020 – Took pictures of package and contents.
- 11/01/2020 – Scanned components and plans. Epoxied forward centering ring into body tube after measuring the distance needed on the motor mount tube. Used a dowel rod and 2 Ton Epoxy run a bead of epoxy inside the body tube at the correct distance from the aft end.
- 11/13/2020 – Measured 1/2″ from forward end of motor mount tube and applied epoxy to all but 1″ of tube. Placed centering ring at 1″ slot into epoxy with slot position to non epoxy. Filleted forward centering ring on both joints. Marked 4″ from forward centering ring.
- 11/14/2020 – Epoxied piston strap in place.
- 11/16/2020 – Epoxied lower fins into body tube and epoxied upper fins above lower fins into body tube.
- 11/17/2020 – Epoxied middle fins into body tube.
- 11/18/2020 – Epoxied other end of strap around “D” ring and fins onto upper body tube. Epoxied tube coupler half way into aft end of upper body tube.
- 11/20/2020 – Filleted fin joints.
- 11/22/2020 – Filleted fin joints on motor mount tube. Welded engine retainer onto aft end of motor mount tube. Drilled 2 #31 holes into body tube and installed 2 1010 rail buttons.
- 12/10/2020 – Sewed nylon shock cord to “D” ring.
- 09/21/2023 – Wiped model with alcohol wiper. Spray painted entire model with Rusto-leum #328373 High Gloss White.
- 11/22/2023 – Masked around fins on upper body tube.
- 11/23/2023 – Masked around remaining fins on body tube. Spray painted fins with Rusto-leum #327870 Gloss Black. Removed masking.
- 11/24/2023 – Hand painted with Pactra #A2 Acrylic White, the black spots on the body tube. Used Testors Gloss White Paint Marker to cover remaining black spots and bare spots on body tube.
- 11/25/2023 – Applied self-adhesive decals as per instructions. This completes construction of Public Missiles High Power Rocket kit.