SEMROC Model #KV-13
The Carlisle Rock-A-Chute Mark II was initially released in 1957. The updated Mark II had laser cut fins, a balsa nose cone and a 12″ parachute (reduced from 18″). The rubber shock cord was replaced with an elastic cord and attached to the model with a Kevlar cord.
- Length: 9.5″
- Diameter: 1.04″
- Weight: 1.0oz.
- Fin: Balsa
- Fin Span: 4.4″
- Recovery: Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-5, B6-6, C6-7
- 10/27/2004 – Purchased Semroc Mark II from Semroc for $8.00 (Retail $8.00).
- 08/06/2006 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned fin sheet, centering ring, engine block, decal and photo card. Took component measurements and recorded on page 40 Book #3.
- 08/09/2006 – Tied one end of Kevlar t o motor clip. Glued engine block into forward end of motor mount tube. Placed one centering ring over engine clip and up to edge of clip at forward end of engine mount tube. Placed second centering ring 1″ from rear. Filleted centering ring joints and allowed to dry. Using #10 fin guide, marked body tube and extended lines using door jamb.
- 08/10/2006 – Glued fins onto fin guidelines. Filleted joints. Glued launch lug 3/4″ from forward edge of body tube. Allowed glue to dry.
- 03/15/2022 – Spray painted entire model with Red Primer.
- 02/13/2023 – Sanded balsa parts with 80 grit sandpaper.
- 02/26/2023 – Spray painted nose cone with Krylon #1706 Gold Metallic and nose cone with Krylon #3421 Gloss Pumpkin Oramge. This completes construction of Semroc #KV-1 Mark II model rocket.